PolyDDA - usage and history
Poly diallyl dimethyl ammonium chloride(Poly DADMAC) is a strong cationic polyelectrolyte, Abbreviation is PDADMAC or PolyDDA.
It can be used at water treatment and as the industry additives.
It is a homopolymer of diallyldimethylammonium chloride (DADMAC).
The molecular weight of polyDADMAC is typically in the range of hundreds of thousands of grams per mole, and even up to a million for some products.
PolyDADMAC is usually delivered as a liquid concentrate having a solids level in the range of 10 to 50%.
It is a high charge density cationic polymer. The charge density makes it well suited for flocculation.
Poly(dimethyldiallylammonium chloride); Polyquaternium-6
CAS Number: 26062-79-3
PolyDADMAC polymers were first prepared and studied in 1957 by Professor George Butler at the University of Florida.
It was remarkable as it was soluble in water in contrast at the time to other known synthetic polymers formed by polymerization of monomers containing more than one vinyl functionality.
- PolyDADMAC can be used in dyeing and finishing auxiliaries as advanced formaldehyde-free color-fixing agent, and can form film in the fabric and improve color fastness.
- It can be used in papermaking, coating and antistatic agent, AKD sizing promoter and retention and drainage agent.
- Its also can be used in decolor, flocculate in water treatment (drinking and waste water).
- In daily chemical, PolyDADMAC can be use as shampoo carding agent, wetting agent and antistatic agent.
- In the oil field chemicals, the product can be used in clay stabilizer, acid fracturing cation additive etc.
When used alone, this product should be diluted to the concentration of 0.5%-0.05% (based on solid content).
When PolyDADMAC be used to treat different source water or waste water, the dosage is based on the turbidity and the concentration of the water.
The most economical dosage is based on the trial.
The dosing spot and the mixing velocity should be carefully decided to guarantee that the chemical can be mixed evenly with the other chemicals in the water and the flocs can not be broken.
It is better to dose the product continuously.
Package and Storage:
Packaged in 200kg plastic drums or 1000kg/IBC drum or according to client order.
It should be sealed and stored in a dry and cool place. In this way, stored for two years without losing its effect. If there appears stratification after the long-term storage, it can be mixed before being used.
For more information or Inquiry about this product, please contact us :